Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Small but Great

Tuesday, October 17
         So I don't know how many of you know this about me, probably most, but I have a hard time with food. Not an eating disorder or anything like that, I just don't like food. Why you may ask? Well, I feel sick if I eat it.... I feel sick if I don't. I've tried a few things to see if it would help me feel better, things like going gluten-free, etc. and haven't really found anything to help. So often food is a monumental thing for me--particularly packing lunch and eating dinner. Not to make this a too-much-info-about-me post, but I also deal with some chronic fatigue issues. So most days by the time I get home from work I am starving (cause I can't seem to eat anything and stay full) and exhausted. And trying to plan something for dinner is about more than I can take. So its a struggle sometimes. And if I don't find something for dinner, I don't usually have leftovers to pack for a lunch the next day. Vicious cycle. Well yesterday was a particularly difficult day for this, I was exhausted when I got home and had a terrible headache. So I ended up eating just this and that for dinner, but wasn't really full and had to come up with something for lunch. It was getting late and I was sufficiently overwhelmed when I opened my fridge to find leftover pancakes that I could eat for a late-night snack and leftover chicken and potatoes that I had forgotten about that I could pack for lunch! Dropped right in my lap. It was such a tiny little thing, leftover food, but it seriously was such a blessing to me in that moment of discouragement. I was so grateful for the small things. Because they really are the great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment