Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reflection

Saturday, October 27
     Saturday afternoon we walked around campus and that was fun. So many memories and such a great feeling. Loved it. We stopped in at the Taylor chapel and sat for a moment. It’s a beautiful chapel and I used to spend some time in there after my religion classes just thinking. This time Stacy and I just sat and talked quietly as no one else was in there and it was just a moment to reflect recently on changes in my life and in myself, as well as answers to prayers I’ve found lately. The best part of reflecting on these things is realizing how small these changes and experiences have been, which are the answers to prayers. I don’t think that makes sense, but what I’m trying to say is, nothing huge or really out of the ordinary happened to provide me with these answers. It’s just been life, regular, every day life. But I’ve been blessed with a softer heart and an added measure of the spirit to help me see these answers and appreciate them. It was just a quiet moment I will never forget. Realizing that my life can change without having to move houses, jobs, countries, or get married, or have children, or go sky-diving, or anything like that. My life can change just with me staying where I am in life, if I let the Lord change my heart. It was a good moment.

2 comments:

  1. You are a wise woman. Like the women I read about in the scriptures and think, I want to be like them when I grow up. So wise and spiritual! Can I quote you on that (2nd to) last sentence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well of course. I won't ever argue with being quoted. :)

      Delete