My birthday was on a Sunday this year so we did some celebrating on Saturday too... basically we just did a lot of shopping. It was quite successful! Then we went to this French bakery that I have been wanting to try since I moved down here .... It was SO FUN! The guy greeted us with 'Bonjour! Ca va?' (hi, how are you) and I said 'Bonjour, bien, merci!' (Hi, I'm great thanks) and then he tried to say something else and I panicked and said 'oh no I don't know how to say anything else'. It was pretty funny. We got way too many treats and decided that the next time we needed to share them rather than get one for each of us.
My delicious Napolean. so good. And so rich
I had to be prepared for the holiday.
At church in our matching green shirts! (I hope you all wore green that day)
Traditional breakfast. Green milk, yes thats right.
Then for my party on Sunday I had so many wonderful friends come to celebrate! We had butterbeer (since St. Patrick's day is traditionally a beer drinking holiday, I decided we'd do our own version) and chocolate fondue for dessert. So amazing.
Casen was reeeeeally into the dipping things in chocolate.
He also enjoyed my birthday crown from Lisa.
Plus his dad wasn't there to protect him.
I forgot to get a picture with the whole group :(
But Kristi and Krista were there!
Also Benson. He really loved us for doing this.
For my birthday Kyle got me tickets to go see the 'Do You Hear the People Sing' concert at Abravanel Hall in SLC. I took mom with me.

It was so fun! A good reason to get dressed up :)
I haven't been to Abravanel Hall since I was in Elementary school and it was so beautiful! The concert was a compilation of songs from Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg. They wrote several musicals including Les Mis and Miss Saigon and they did selections from a lot of their different shows. They had real broadway stars there who had played roles in the different shows--Terrence Mann who played Javert on Broadway, Jennifer Paz who played Kim in Miss Saigon as well as Eponine, Eric Kunz who played Chris in Miss Saigon and Marius in Les Mis, and others. It was so fun! Jennifer Paz was my favorite, she sang while she was 8 months pregnant! Not sure where she got the breath control for that. I am one lucky girl!
The next weekend was more shopping! I've really got to stop doing that. But we were looking for outfits for the wedding. It had to be done.
Not our outfits for the wedding. But fun anyway.
Our shopping buddy. I'm just obsessed with him.
At lunch at Chick Fil A after shopping. I love that place.
Then we celebrated Easter. I must have been really good this year because I got two visits from the Easter Bunny, one at my mom's house and one here! I didn't get a picture of my basket at my parents' but it included a copy of the Les Mis movie! :)
My easter basket is the one on the left. Kristi's is the one on the right. Mine was just a tad difficult to get in to.
But if you pulled off the Happy Easter sign.... it made a little more sense. :)
Don't I have just the best roommate ever?
The popcorn was popping at my parents' house! (this was when we came up for Easter Dinner)
Getting some sun-- in our matching jeans.
This was after we woke up. Don't judge.
Grandpa was mobbed by the one grandchild and ... the other one isn't old enough to mob him, but was loving being with him. (the one mobbing hid as soon as I pulled out the camera but you can still see his legs in there)
Hmm let me think about that.
Oh no wait, don't go.
Happy April Fool's Day Kyle!
I emptied his closet
And hid his clothes
And his shoes.
I'm not usually one for pranks, so I was pretty proud of this one. The good news is, we're still friends.
The fun continues......
Jared and Bekah's wedding was on April 16 and since the family was all in town the Taylors decided to do Benson's blessing the Sunday before. Needless to say it was one hectic weekend, but oh so fun!
On Saturday we went out as adults to our traditional Leatherby's dessert. Our family keeps growing and it is so fun!
We took family photos, but I haven't had the chance to edit them yet. Here's just a few random ones of some of the couples:
And the kids playing in their fort
On Sunday was Amy's birthday and the baby blessing
4 generation of 1st borns
Loves Grandpa
The Main Man
Daddy and the boys
Look at that smile
Finally the day Jared and Bekah have been waiting for arrived!
Mr. & Mrs. Jared Wilson Luke! :)
Amy and I watched the children in the waiting room
The Girls
All the girls -- Jared photobombed and we didn't get one with Bekah, we were taking this while she was getting her real photos taken. Bummer!
Jared and his two best buddies
Look at that smile on his face!
Those were all the photos I took that day. I enjoyed the day just being with family and it was nice not to be behind the camera for once. :)
Finally, Amy Anne Luke opened her mission call.
I'm so proud of her! She is the bravest. The Philippines are getting a fabulous girl!
It was such a fun weekend with all the family and we're so happy to have Bekah part of our group. Thanks for listening!


















No comments:
Post a Comment