Fall is here! And almost gone.... sad day. Fall is so brief it makes me sad. But at every change of the seasons I say 'oh this season is my favorite', so I think maybe I just like the change! Which is funny.... cause I am definitely not a change-lover in life itself. It does make me a little sad to stand at the beginning of winter. Don't get me wrong, I am not a winter-hater. There are plenty of fun things about winter. However, winter is THE longest season here and it Utah it usually comes with lots of brown dead grass and smog. So I do love the snow, the crisp cold air, the fun holidays, the snuggle weather, the snow storms (when I'm snuggled up at home to watch them), the hot chocolate and all the rest. It's just the fact that it lasts so long. But so far we've had a decent fall, so maybe this year it won't be so long.
We've had quite a busy fall here, but it's been lots of fun. More on that later. First I wanted to show you some things I've been loving lately.
The tree right outside our bedroom window. I love love watching the leaves change right in front of my eyes. It's so fun. And so pretty. One Sunday afternoon Kyle, Stacy, and I went up the canyon to see the leaves. It was soooo pretty. Because I was with 2 friends who had iPhones, I let them take all the pictures and I just enjoyed the scenery. But that does mean that I don't have any pictures to share from that. But we walked past Bridal Veil Falls and that combined with the leaves--awesome. I wish we would've gone up more than once!
Also, because it's getting cold I get to pull out these babies
I bought these black tights last year and loved them all winter long. And I still love them.
This is my new body wash that I bought about a month or so ago. For any of you who know me, you know that smell is a very important thing to me. As my roommates tell me, I'm a Super-smeller. (Is that like a super hero power?). Well, when I find a smell I love, I am loyal. And this baby, is the best smelling body wash I have ever found. I am full-on obsessed. Go. Buy. Smell. And fall in love. I know you will.
Okay. This woman is absolutely INcredible. I listened to a talk by her this morning and she just blows me away. *WARNING: this may be a little (or a lot) soap-boxy*
Okay, something that really disturbs me is when people--both guys and girls-- say 'Well, it's the women talking during conference, so I don't have to listen to them'. I know, I know, this is almost always said in good fun. And I'm not trying to be a poor sport and say 'oh that is so unrighteous of you'. But to me, the words of this woman are so spot-on to what the Lord teaches through His prophets and apostles and she is so bold and amazing in what she says, that I just can't help but feel disturbed that even in 'good fun', she and others are getting a little bit disrespected.
*End soap box.*
The sky is still amazingly beautiful to me. This was the sunset on Kyle's birthday. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Oh the library. I haven't been in awhile. But I went back last night and I just love it. I love books. There is so much to learn and millions of books are just waiting to be read so you can know what they have inside them. (I'm experimenting with poetry, as you can see. Something I haven't really read before, we'll see how it goes.)
And finally, these two people. They are so great. And amazing. And I love them.
Now.... more to what we've actually been doing this fall:
One early morning in October we went out to Antelope Island....
Isn't it gorgeous?
Why did we go out there you ask?
Why for Kyle's MARATHON of course!!
(This poster is full of inside jokes so please disregard....)
We got up at 5. No judging.
First Kyle sighting!
This is him telling us how freezing he was.
Second sighting. Look at him, even smiling!
I kinda like this one. Totally epic.
Yes, Stacy in her flat shoes and jeans did run with him for a little bit.
And last Kyle sighting, at mile 22.
At mile 23--yes, so close to being able to finish!-- he ended up in an ambulance. So sad. We met him at the hospital. He obviously turned out fine, but we were still really disappointed for him that he didn't get to finish. But it was still awesome that he ran 23 miles! Way more than I could ever do. Although watching them all run made me want to maybe try to do a 5k someday. Maybe. :)
Kyle's Birthday!!
He turned (shhh) 25! We had a FANTASTIC--and I really mean amazing, incredible, delicious, delectable--dinner made by (who else?) Stacy Ann. She made homemade potato soup in sour dough bread bowls. We also had apple (and pear) salad made with real whipped cream. I did help, don't worry I didn't leave her to fend for herself, but she definitely was the chef of the whole evening. So good.
Happy Birthday Kyle! We love you!
We also visited Rexburg! My beautiful Rexburg. I've missed it. Although it did snow while we were up there. That helped me not miss it so much :)
As a photo student there it's basically taboo to take pictures of the campus cause it's so over-shot. Everyone takes pictures of something on campus for their assignment. But this time, my 'assignment' was to capture campus. Cause I love it.
Oh the Kirkham Auditorium. Good times here. This is where I had all my clogging classes/clogging performances.
It was crazy windy (of course) and if you remember my post about that last year, I love windy days cause it gives you model hair! This is a great shot of Stacy demonstrating model hair. We never could quite get one of me.
The sidewalk in front of the Hart building that I walked every day to get home.
The lovely (? is it really? It's brown brick. But I love it) Hart building.
And of course, my beautiful BYU-I Center
And finally the view of the temple from Campus
Our trip to Rexburg was so good. I love being there. We got to stay with the fabulous Potter family and spend some wonderful time with Heidi and her family. They were so generous to let us stay. We also walked around campus for awhile and saw one of our favorite professors. We had such a fun time with the Crabbs and Mallory--the Crabbs hosted a game night and we had so much fun. We also got to see all of our old guy friends from our old ward up there. A couple of them are engaged and we are so excited for them! They are a great group of guys. Then we headed to Stacy's parents' house in Rupert. Always good to spend some time in good ol' Rupert. So fun to see everybody.
Well, thats it for now. I really will write some more details about our trip. And I'm so excited for the holidays to start.... I got a little mermaid Christmas tree ornament at Disney World. It is perfect. And you bet we'll be getting a tree for it to go on!


















No comments:
Post a Comment