Sunday, September 25, 2011

Other Summer Fun

So these pictures are just all the ones I have from the random fun things we did in the summer. And a few from the beginning of fall. Basically just a catch up of everything we did.

This was back in...... May maybe? Not sure. But we picked up Amy to spend the weekend with us and we stopped and had lunch at the creamery.

I tried Sushi! And successfully used chopsticks. 
I never quite gagged on the sushi.....
 and the flavor really wasn't too bad. 
I just reeeeeally struggled with the texture.

We drove up the mountains by Spanish Fork and found this overlook. 
It was reeeeally windy.

But a pretty view:



Attempted view of us and the sunset......


Kristi, Stacy, and I went downtown on Memorial Day
and just walked around. We wanted to go in and see
the Cathedral of the Madeleine but it was closed. So i just 
got this picture of the outside. It was so pretty!

We threw a surprise party for Stacy's Birthday



Amy's button got stuck. Stacy is always so helpful.



Stacy made kabobs for dinner one night -- we wanted a fun
summery dinner. So kabobs and watermelon! yum!!


Doesn't kyle look so happy to be there?


We went up to Rexburg for a visit and took the kids out to get snow cones, but ended up getting these half gelato half custard treats. They were awesome!
I just love this one. I don't know why. But it's great.

Such happy faces




We sat on the lawn of wendy's to eat them


Got together with Mall for dinner and stargazing. So fun!

We went to see Harry Potter 7!!
These are all the pictures Stacy couldn't stop taking on the drive up to West Jordan


Chilling in the back

So excited!! (Except Amy didn't come cause she was
 nice enough to babysit the kids so Heather could go....
 since she had gone with all her friends to the midnight showing.)





After the show

Taylor and Annie's wedding in Rexburg Idaho
(the 3rd wedding on my mom's side of the family in 3 weeks.)



Taylor lived with my family this summer while he was doing an internship. 
Spencer and Heather and their family were also living there and the kids
just adored Taylor. He took Hunter to see Cars 2 and "Mom he bought me
TWO treats!!!" 


Aren't they beautiful?? They discovered they were all wearing black that day.
You know what that means! Matching clothes=a picture


Amy went to homecoming. Doesn't she look beautiful?!



Before Adam and Sarah moved off to Virginia we had a sister's reunion (which I took no pictures at) and then we met up with the guys for dinner and ice cream at--where else??-- Leatherbys!!






Spencer and Heather drove up to Oregon for a job interview. I watched the kids for a couple days and we had so much fun! We went to McDonald's for dinner and then to get snow cones for dessert and then came home and built a fort. (I only had so much time to work to get favorite aunt status) They slept over at my house and then the next morning after breakfast we walked to the park.




wearing the only sunglasses in the house that could pass for
little kid sunglasses. They were sent to me from my aunt who 
lives in florida. 

Heather's kids insist on sunglasses, but we hadn't packed theirs. These worked okay.


Inside the fort!

The Lukes went to see Janine Crockett perform in 
Joseph and the technicolor dream coat at Hale Center Theatre.
SO AMAZING!! 
Afterwards some of us headed to good old Leatherby's to celebrate!


Stacy and I went to the Draper temple one evening. She'd never been there before!
It really is such a beautiful temple. But really, which ones aren't?

Just had to include a few shots of the amazing skies that have been around this summer. I love it!


(these were only taken on my phone.... wish I'd had my camera those days!)

Just this past weekend all the Mackays (who could go and were in the area) had tickets to the BYU game. It was a great one. Go Cougs!!




She is just too cute.






Last night Stacy, Kristi and I drove up the canyon to have a campfire. We've been wanting to do this all summer, but we just got around to it. Problem was, we went after the Relief Society broadcast, so it was already dark...... we couldn't seem to find a fire pit.... so we just used this little guy. It worked for what we needed--smores and roasted starbursts baby. 


And finally, a random cousin picture I found from the Luke Reunion that I didn't include in that post: 
Love these girls!!

Well. That turned out being a lot longer than I expected, but whats new?? :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the update! I love seeing all the pictures! Especially the one of charlotte and hunter in the fort with her arm around him. SO cute! you're such a good picture taker!

    ReplyDelete