Lemon Chicken and Spinach and Feta Cheese Brown Rice.
I found these recipes in the Biggest Loser Cookbook over the summer and tried them out last month. They were so amazing! We made them again last night, and I think it's official. I'm obsessed. Especially with the rice. I'll include the recipes so you can be obsessed too!
Lemon Chicken
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp lemon pepper (or to taste)
1/2 tsp season salt
4 small (1/4 lb) chicken breasts
1 cup lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed, about 4-5 lemons)
4 slices of lemon
Preheat oven to 400. Lightly mist 8x8 baking dish with pam.
In small bowl, combine garlic powder, lemon pepper, and seasoning salt. Mix to blend. Lightly spray each chicken breast with pam. Rub seasoning mix over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap, place on a tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (I never do that part. But it's part of the recipe so I included it.)
Place the chicken in a skillet with a little bit of vegetable oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Place chicken smooth side up, not over lapping, in baking dish. Lightly spray each chicken breast with pam again. Pour lemon juice over the chicken and top with lemon slice. Bake 21-24 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from pan and baste with juices. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is really delicious, but I love that tangy lemon flavor. And pouring the lemon juice on really gives it quite the lemon-y flavor. So if thats not your favorite, use less juice. Or don't baste with the juices afterwards.
Spinach and Feta Cheese Brown Rice
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup cooked short grain brown rice (sometimes I do more than just a cup)
1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
3 tblsp crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Spray skillet with oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes until tender. Don't brown. Add rice and spinach. Cook stirring constantly until spinach is almost completely wilted. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Christmas Lights. I love them. I LOVE to sit in a room with Christmas lights glowing and the regular lights turned off. It's my favorite. We haven't yet gotten the Christmas lights up in our apartment, but I'm hoping that will happen today.
Jessica Kettle Photography. I have known about this photographer since the summer, and I actually I've been following her blog since then too... so I'm not sure what I was missing all these months but this weekend I happened to be on her blog and really started paying attention and dang, her stuff is amazing! I love it. She's currently the one I will choose to shoot my wedding. (It changes every so often :) ). But she does incredible work and also has a Q & A page where she answers any question you can think of to ask. I love it, I feel like a lot of photographers are so closed about their work flow and locations they shoot at, etc. But she is helpful and great and I love it! Check it out...
www.lookthroughmylens.blogspot.com
And finally...




That's SO awesome! You're already becoming famous. HOoray for you!!
ReplyDeleteyou should post more of the engagements. I want to see them all!
ReplyDelete