First off, I decided to play Susie Homemaker for Easter Sunday. I made a ham! All by myself. I tried a 'glaze' recipe that I had but it actually was some kind of paste.... but you know, it didn't taste too bad. So I made ham and cheesy potatoes and we had salad and rolls. And homemade lemon bars for dessert. Oh yes they were amazing. It was really fun!
With my lovely ham--covered in the strange paste/glaze
Our Spread
Next for the evening we dyed eggs. It was great!
I'm not really sure why Kristi is sad here... I think she dropped her egg.
Whoops, I cut Kristi out...
There's her beautiful face!
Love the reflection picture
Not sure what we were going for in this shot...
Okay next we were trying to take a picture of all of us with our eggs, but we had to do a self-portrait cause we were the only ones home. And because my camera struggles it kept taking the picture when I would push the button, instead of going on timer. So there are many attempts but they're just too funny not too include. The white strip at the bottom of a lot of the pictures is my arm...
Success!
So Stacy was working 70 hours a week between her two jobs and it finally became too much. So she decided to quit her job at Pinnacle!! Yay! So I made a celebration breakfast the morning of her first day not going to work.
And THEN I went out and did something that really made my whole life complete. I mean, I just didn't feel whole without this in my life. And it hasn't really been in my life for 4 years now. So I was reeeeeally excited to once again have it to be a part of me. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I went and got
a library card.
It's amazing!! I love books. So much. And now I have so many at my finger tips! I technically have 5 books checked out right now, one piano book, and one book on cd. And I let 2 holds expire and I have one more thing on hold. Do you think I got a little excited? Just a little. I LOVE BOOKS! And the library here is fantastic! One of the nicest I have ever been in.... not that I've been in many public libraries, but it is beautiful. Love it!
I also went and got hired
Here.
Propay is a credit card processing company for small businesses. Kind of like paypal. I work in the customer service department. On the PHONES. Can you believe it? I thought I would hate that. But my good friend Kyle works there and got me the job. It really was an amazing blessing, I've been looking for a good job for a long time now and my last job as a waitress was totally going no where. So I had to get out. And Kyle mentioned his job was hiring. So I applied, even though I didn't really think I would ever want to be on phones. But I was desperate enough to get a normal hours job where I didn't have to work evenings and weekends and I would get decently paid. So I applied, interviewed, and got the job on the spot. Like I said, amazing blessing. And actually I love it. I've just been training this past week, which is really not my most favorite part of a job. But I think I will really enjoy the work. I get a better paycheck then I've ever had in my life, I get an actual desk (in a little cubicle, but still, it's my desk!), I have fun friends there, and actually, even being on the phones is kinda.... good. I just kind of like being able to solve problems for people and have them leave happy. It's satisfying.
So life is just so great! Or so I tell myself :) .... No, life really is good. But there are always issues in everyone's life, right? But I've discovered that gratitude really changes my attitude and helps me find more joy in life. The Prophet really is wise, isn't he? :) His gratitude talk is truly amazing. Love it. If you need a lift, it's a great study.

















so the 4th picture down (with the ones where you were getting a self portrait with the eggs) kristi and kyle are both looking at the eggs super seriously. it looks like they are trying to be serious about the pict but since they are looking at eggs, it's just funny. it looks like you posed them that way. you photographer you!
ReplyDeletedidn't know you worked at pro-pay...it is right by my house and a really good friend works there.
ReplyDelete