I haven't been blogging much lately because there's been nothing to blog about... I moved home for the summer and I'm looking for a job. And still trying to unpack all my stuff and move in. So nothing really exciting! However, for the first 2 weeks I was home I was going absolutely insane getting stuff ready for my brother's wedding. So I guess that is something exciting I can blog about :)
Adam married Sarah in the Rexburg Idaho temple on April 16. The reception was here the next weekend on the 24. We really love Sarah and are happy to have her in the family, along with her two children Aiden (3) and Laila (1 1/2 ).
Because of the wedding, I now believe that I have accomplished the most amazing feat, up to this point in my life... on the day of the wedding I dressed 5 children under the age of 3 in their appropriate wedding party clothes and then drove 4 of those children to the temple and helped get 3 others in the other car. Wow. It was pretty much the most crazy hour of my life. So far. I know any moms out there reading this will think "HA! Welcome to my everday life!" But I am not a mom yet, okay? So this is quite an accomplishment for me! Well anyway, I'll include some of the pictures from the wedding reception.
We also got to have my brother and sister-in-law out here for the wedding. They are living in Memphis right now and we miss them a lot! They of course brought their children Hunter (3) and Charlotte (1 1/2) and it was fun to see them with Aiden and Laila. They get to have cousins their age now! Aiden and Hunter were hilarious together. We missed having Jared around, but we got to talk to him when he flew out to Peru on Wednesday and we got an email from him the next day, saying he had arrived safely in the MTC in Peru for another 9 weeks before he actually enters the field. Happy to know he's doing well!
One last note, Amy had her first prom just last night. She looked absolutely beautiful! We found her dress 2 years ago for $25 on clearance at Sears, which makes the dress look even better!
This is right before they left for the temple... I just had to get a shot of them because their clothes just for going to the temple were so cute (and handsome Adam) but everyone would be taking pictures AFTER when they were in their fancy wedding clothes. so I just had to capture that their going-to-the-temple outfits were great!

This is just a general picture of the room, for anyone who cares!

This was my sister-in-law Heather's genius idea! She had her best friend Erin do the vinyl lettering and it was on the doors as you enter the church. So fun!


New Daddy! Aiden REALLY loves pictures, as you can tell by his face.

The girls had the cutest matching dresses that Sarah and her family made

Charlotte would copy anything anyone else did with their mouth and if anyone knows Krista, you would know how much fun she would have with this!

I love this one because it's like they are the new-age teenagers, you know? Just can't get them off their cell phones!

All the Luke gals at the reception

Me and Jessi... she was the only Mackay cousin at the reception. And notice my jewelry--Heather, yes the genius one, made it for me! She's amazing! (so the picture is really yellow. Sometimes I struggle getting those camera settings correct. oops.)

Making cookies with Hunter. We got flour on our hands and he thought that was great so he is showing them off

Working with Grandpa--a very favorite activity. Notice again how Aiden is running as soon as I pull out the camera.

So much fun to be had with Grandma and Grandpa around

Love this expression.

This is her "I just saw Grandpa" face. She loves Grandpa!

Trying to find the treats at the picnic

This one was accidentally uploaded. But it's a good one, Charlotte is often concerned about her hands being dirty. If you know her mother, you'll know that she takes after her. :)

We had a picnic with everyone and invited Erin and Kevin--they're kids are the same age as Hunter and Charlotte and they are best friends with Spencer and Heather. And actually I think they invited us to the park. It's all the same, right?

This is the result of having so many grandkids around! And a wedding reception to pull together

With her daddy

With the date... I had to put a full-length shot in so you can see all of the dress. And I LOVE her corsage, it had a gerbera daisy and a pretty bracelet (not just an elastic). Gerberas are her favorite so I think thats why he chose it. I've just never seen one in a corsage before! I love it.

And one closer up outside with better coloring!
She went to prom with Jace! He is such a cute guy and super nice!! She had a great date!
ReplyDeleteGood job Megs. But Aiden and Hunter are closer to 4 than 3 ;)
ReplyDelete