Well I'm joining the blogging world. No particular reason ( I feel like everyone always has a cool reason to blog and I don't. I just want to). I guess I decided that since it was my 21st birthday, I could be considered old enough to blog now, right? Especially since plenty of those younger than me already have fun blogs. So I'm joining in.
So here are my recent goings-ons...
First, our mom's came up to visit and we had a blast. We had plenty to do, so we were kind of running around a lot, but it was really great. We got to see Katie perform in Extravadance, which was fantastic, and we went shopping in Idaho Falls and found the perfect dress for mom for Adam's wedding. It was a blast, thanks for coming mom!
Extravadance, with the star of the show!
Then came my birthday, which was so much fun. My roommates (plus Jeff) kidnapped me on my way home from school and took me to Leatherby's in Idaho Falls. I've been meaning to go there ever since I came up here and it finally happened! It was really good and the service was fantastic, but overall... the Utah one is a little better. But still a fabulous way to spend my birthday. Thanks roommies!!! (And Jeff!!). We came home and watched my favorite movie, Bride Wars. I know many don't like this movie, but I rather enjoy it. And I have to add that Jeff gave me an awesome bag of Marshmellow Mateys, some of my favorite cereal... I loved it and ate it all rather quickly. But I couldn't get a picture of it to upload, so it's not on here. But I still really appreciate it Jeff! And Adam and Sarah stopped by on my birthday to give me a giftcard to the Cocoa Bean, a "gourmet cupcake cafe" thats up here. Adam has taken me there for my birthday every year that we've been up here and it's been really fun, so they brought me a gift card so I could still go. Thanks everybody!
Aubree's present was sitting in the hallway
when I opened my door. It was like a candy-gram,
but more like a food-gram. Which is very
appropriate for a college student. :)
Mallory gave me this awesome crazy-straw cup, love it.
decorated the table with a green table cloth
and st. patrick's day accessories!
At the Idaho Falls Leatherby's... not the same name,
but similar food, setting, etc.. I was still blindfolded
and didn't know where we were.
Katie and I got out of dance class early that day and
enjoyed the warm sunshine... that was a little bright
and we could barely keep our eyes open for any pictures.

They gave us sweet firemen hats since it was my birthday.
After that was my photo shoot for my final project. I had to have 2 portraits of 2 different people, so I asked Katie and Jeff to come in. I took some pictures of them separate and then we did some couple shots just for fun. I really had fun with this, my poor photo subjects were probably going crazy, but doing their pictures reminded me of why I want to be a photographer. I've really been struggling lately with that because I have a really hard time in my photo classes. But this experience has re-motivated me to still become a photographer because I love it! And I love portraits of couples most of all, which is why I'm going to be a wedding photographer (something that is rather frowned upon in the 'artistic world' up here).
This is their favorite--the 1900's
don't-ever-smile-picture
As roommates (plus Jeff--we basically just consider him a roommate now) we went to the Idaho Falls temple to do baptisms. It was really fun, I've never been to that temple before. Jeff did the baptisms and confirmations, which was really awesome. We're glad he's around and appreciate his worthiness and willingness to serve.
Okay, this post is forever long, but since I have a blog now, I actually want to post things. So don't worry, there's more...
Yesterday I went to my good friend Angela Banks's bridal shower. It was a lot of fun, I just love that girl and will really miss her. But I really enjoyed my college-style wrapping of her present. I was pretty impressed with it myself!
The whole group, missing Spencer and family in Tennessee.
We missed them!
Grandpa and Grandma Luke
Grandpa and Grandma Mackay
The brothers--each trying to look better
than the other
Mom and Dad
And his favorite sister... :)
Well, thats my life for the past few weeks, since I've had the thoughts of starting this blog.
Congratulations!! You made it all the way to the end!! So now that I'm caught up, hopefully the rest of my posts won't be this long. Have a good week!
I absolutely adore your new blog! It is so super cute and simply presh! The colors on the side...well...i can't see them, but i am sure that they bring out the color in your eyes. I can't wait to read more! I will be your number one blog fan...you can count on that!
ReplyDeleteOk, that was a little weird. It was all a joke just in case you were wondering. I do like your blog though...and honestly... i can't promise that I will be your number one viewer, but i will definitely be looking and checking up on it when I can. Youre great megan!
I LOVE IT!!!!! however i have to say...the pink writing is really hard to see. i'll still follow you're blog though even if you don't change it.
ReplyDeleteand you shouldn't apologize for long posts. it's your blog so you should do what you want and ppl don't have to read all of it. however i love it. i like reading long posts especially if there are pictures. if not, it's like reading a novel. and if you don't know the person very well it can get kinda long. like this comment that i'm writing right now. but i don't have any pictures to post so that's why it's just text. but you know me so it shouldn't be that boring for you. :) anyway just letting you know, i'm a fan!
YOu changed it! i love it! i can actually read it. it's beautiful!
ReplyDelete